Mission Linux Failed...... :(

After 3 Months with just Open SUSE on my Home PC, The day has come to install the Windows again. Reason...?? My dad...!!
One Fine day last week, My dad called me near computer and told he needs Yahoo Messenger, I said just a min, let me configure it in Pidgin. All of a sudden he started yelling at me regarding the difficulty in the OS regarding installation of softwares(Ya he used to install only spyware/malware/adware in windows) that this bla bla bla...., Started screaming that he wants Windows Installed now. I had no other Option than Installing Windows on my machine after listening to his 15 min yelling.

So i started searching for drivers CD's and everything which is needed to install Windows. Installed Windows XP. After i finished installation, Sister said she wants Linux..... :) So installed Ubuntu 9.04 for her and myself when i have to use the machine... :) After all work Slept at 11.30PM and around 1AM there was Lightning....!! MB fried it's Network IC as ADSL modem was connected... Boom... I guess Penguin was angry on Me... MB has gone for repair, So when it comes back it will have the Windows XP to run....

So Mission Linux is 50% success and 50 % fail for me......

What I feel now is, People who use XP and come to Linux find it a lot difficult to adjust.

In Linux users get No Nonsense Stuff, but people are addicted to bloated softwares...

Comments

Anonymous said…
>>"...he needs Yahoo Messenger..."

FYI, you can Yahoo IM in your web browser. Just go to the mail page. No special software required.
Lozil said…
Yahoo Messenger was just a reason..... HE NEEDS WINDOWS....!!! :P
Anonymous said…
Epic fail on your part.
htfcuddles said…
A solution could be creating a virtual machine with VirtualBox and install WXP on it. Then he could run all the bloated software he wants and he'd be happy and you too.
rodentvs said…
hey thats a bummer. do the vmware gig tho'
Cynicman said…
Why don't you tell him to get his own PC!!! If it's your PC you get to decide what is run on it...
Lozil said…
@DragonTrainer Virtual machine and all to Complicated Stuff for him.. Can't do that... :(

@cynicman He he, That machine is everyone's machine at home so can't tell him to burn some cash...
rajiv said…
Dual boot (Winxp/linux) is the only solution for this ... happened to me back in college days where my roomies wanted windows98 and I wanted to try the redhat and other linux distros.. Well LILO saved us from fighting most of the time.
Lozil said…
Ya, GRUB is saving the day for me now... Just Waiting for the MB to be back... :)
Unknown said…
Hi Lozil when u get some problem u hv to ping some intelligent ppls first..like me n rajiv...v hv seen half the world in linux in windows... i agree with rajiv on dual login... i was a window fan..n he was linux...so tht was the common ground for us....

hamare baal aise hi safed nahin huwe hain..lol:)

Popular posts from this blog

Axis bank iConnect Login ID

Unlocking the Airtel MMX 610U Datacard.

Chevrolet Beat Diesel Mileage.